
STEREOGUM: I feel like the Club Paradise tour with you, Kendrick, and ASAP Rocky could set the tone for rap for years to come. Three really exciting voices on that tour…
DRAKE: Wow, man. That’s the thing. There are people like you who are well-versed in who those guys are, but there’s people that will get out there and be like, what the fuck was this? And maybe three years from now they’ll be like, damn, I was there for that moment. It’s like the same time my security guard tells me he was at the show where Jay-Z opened up for somebody and got booed off stage. He remembers that moment, though he says he was pissed, he was pissed that he had to watch this fucking clown get up there and get booed. But it was old. I think he was opening for the Fugees or something. Not to say that any of those guys are gonna get booed, or that it’s going to go poorly. I just think it’ll be one of those moments you can talk about years from now and you’ll be like “Oh I was at that show!” I purposely fought against the powers that be, not that they ever have a choice because my word is final, but I purposely was like we have to go to the colleges with this. I don’t want to do some big arena tour like, let’s go me J. Cole and Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, cuz that’s what’s going to sell right now, those guys all have albums out. Not to say that I wouldn’t love to tour with any of those people, I’ve toured with Cole before, I’m not saying I don’t respect those guys, but I want to do something like actually music I listen to. Guys that I fuck with, that I feel like people will remember and say, man, I saw those guys at Drake’s show. Now look at them.
And it’s really me giving them a chance to say, I’m bringing you out, do with it what you will. You take it to the moon from here, congratulations, because we’ll be immortalized in this moment. If you fall off, I’m going to keep going. And also it’s kinda the type of thing like, I love both of those guys, two kids, good hearts, good teams around them. ASAP is a really nice guy. Kendrick is really smart. I’m really excited for that tour.
Drizzy opens up about many other things including using his own flows, jokes about his sweaters and tracks off of Take Care in this interview as well. Read more here.
Take Care in stores next Tuesday.

0 Response to "Stereogum Q&A w/ Drake"