Dom O Briggs - Always Inspire(d) EP

Posted by Cris Copastetik

Dom O Briggs comes together with RockTheDub, DWND and Toy Sldrs to release his 4th full length project Always Inspire(d) EP. Features include fellow Dope League members JohnNY U. and ScienZe while production comes from Sir Flywalker, H2, BackPack NY, Stephen Spencer, Pat Streater, Go-Z and The Stuyvesants. Click the image to listen and download.

#AlwaysInspired

#

Wiz Khalifa Talks About His New Sound on His Album

Posted by Curry On Monday, May 09, 2011

wiz 

Its been a common ongoing argument/conversation in the hip-hop community since the beginning of the year , "Wiz changed his original sound ; he's a sellout ; getting signed changed him" Blah blah . Ive been a Khalifa fan since early 09 so I noticed the change in his sound between How Fly , B.A.R. , and Kush & Orange Juice and was left disappointed with the change . I think a good amount of Wiz fans feel the same but never got a real explanation as to why he drifted from the sound that got him to this level but the people at Complex sat down with Wiz & His Producers to break down the tracks on Rolling Papers .

Wiz Khalifa: “In my mind, I was just trying to do everything different. I didn’t want it to sound like Kush and OJ or use the Kush and OJ flows because I had a lot of people watching me from the label and my own people.

”So they would know if I was just reusing and redoing the same things over and over. So for the album personally I wanted to take it to the next level. The mind state was to do the biggest records possible, not hold back anything, and not do anything just for the sake of doing it. People don’t get it right away, it takes time and years from now they’ll understand what I was doing.”

Then he spoke about his hesitation of releasing the hit Black & Yellow :

”[When I got there] Stargate had a selection of beats set out for me. I went through a couple beats and I think I did a hook that day. When we got to the point that they played the ‘Black and Yellow’ beat, the first words I thought of were, ‘Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow.’

The first words I thought of were, ‘Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow.’ I leaned over to my homie and was like, ‘Man, I got an idea but it might be corny as hell.’ I don’t know why, but it was a split second that I thought it was corny.

“I leaned over to my homie and was like, ‘Man, I got an idea but it might be corny as hell.’ I don’t know why, but it was a split second that I thought it was corny. I was like, ‘Am I doing too much right now?’ I told him my idea and he was like, ‘Nah man, just do it.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, you know, I’m here so let’s just work.’ I sat down, recorded the hook, and the next day I did the verses and the hook part and that was it." - Wiz Khalifa

He broke down all the tracks but here's a few important ones:

Rooftops ft. Curren$y ; The Race ; On My Level ft. Too Short ; No Sleep ; Taylor Gang ft. Chevy Woods 

The entire article IS a bit lengthy .. but it actually gives you some insight if where Wiz' head was at while making the album .

Now if only we could get an explanation for the fro & the gold streak ...

0 Response to "Wiz Khalifa Talks About His New Sound on His Album"

    Blogroll

    Subscribe via Email

    Enter your email address: